Thursday, December 23, 2004

What am I doing?

For a David Ortiz uncertified autograph card $10

For a Johnny Damon uncertified autograph card $10

For a Eric Gagne 55 consecutive saves uncertified autograph photo $20

And the $27 book buyback money I had left after buying a $5 Blister
three-pack of 2005 Fleer Ultra
, I end up with the following:

I grossly overpaid for a 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Mark Trumbo numbered 22/75 w/Ervin Santa(x2) and Kameron Loe rookies numbered to 1,000 $22.74 delivered.

An okay purchase was a 2004 Upper Deck Legendary Cuts Jackie Robinson jersey $17.00 delivered.

I think over paid for 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Signatures Delmon Young $15.98 delivered.

I purchased a Don Drysdale signed Perez-Steele postcard for $14.08 delivered and I really don't know if it is real or not.

I had a set of things on my wantlist for this winter that are 'tabled.' I'm still jonesing for a Mickey Mantle PSA/DNA certified autograph item, but picking that up is not going to happen anytime soon.

The reality is that distractions seem to keep me down. I keep buying stuff for my 'personal collection,' that I might want, but probably don't need at this point. If I can get through my actual wishlist of things I'd like to get this winter, then I'd be much more saner.

It seems like I want to see something to pick up, every time I search for something on Ebay. If I can, I want everything I want my eyes on. The reality is that I have no funds to play with and I need to unload, before I reload.

No comments: