Saturday, October 08, 2005



A card that has arrived in my mailbox is a 2005 Upper Deck Sweet Spot David Wright - this is a nice card because this is Wright's first Sweet Spot autograph (on baseball leather).

I really like the design of the Sweet Spot autograph inserts and was looking for another young star's certified autograph to be included in the set.

Among hitters, Miguel Cabrera, Adam Dunn, Delmon Young, Rickie Weeks, Mark Teixeira, Victor Martinez are prospects/rising stars whose certified autographs (not exactly Sweet Spot autographs) I've picked up for my collection already (albeit second or third year certified autographs).

The Wright is another name to add to this personal collection of players I think are going to be real good over the next 10-15 years.

Hopefully the black ink stands the test of time and doesn't fade 'prematurely.'

No comments: