Friday, August 15, 2008

Busting packs and unopened product caveats

I'm looking to putting together a 20 pack surplus for APAD - like everyone else, I want to bust a variety of packs, but can't be too adventurous with my pack busting. I don't want to spend more than $20 on a group of 20 packs [from 1980-2008] and I realize if I want some of the cards themselves [from particular years], I can pick them up on their own.

I feel the cheapest of packs [how pathetic] have been searched in one form or the other, but something tells me don't trust old packs - all I want is a clean pack to bust, whether I'm paying a quarter a pack or more. I busted 1993 Fleer packs with all the cards off-centered and/or miscut. I busted a pack of 1987 Fleer with a couple of cards marked up. I used to buy jumbo packs of 1992 Bowman about 10 years ago and wondered why I didn't pull anything. I've see these random pack breaks from repack boxes and cringe that something like an 1988 Topps packs and 1989 Donruss packs has been searched otherwise.

Maybe I'll bust packs from my so-called favorite card sets from the 1990s, where packs were usually in foil - but is that of any guarantee particular packs aren't searched?

Maybe I'll scratch the bottom of the barrel and look for oddball [baseball] packs to bust - like pop-up cards, cards designed for a younger demographic
[1992 Topps Kids, 1993 UD Fun Pack], sticker cards [they would have to be regular trading card size though], 3D cards and other motion cards, though I don't want to get stuck with oddball cards that are bound to be useless.

No comments: