Thursday, January 01, 2009

The star of the first day of the MLB Network - Don Larsen


Don Larsen signed my card [on the back] for $7 - he also responded to my letter asking about his off-season conditioning with a note of his own.

His 1956 World Series perfect game is the showcase of the MLB Network's first day broadcast - I was sort of worried I would not be able to get the MLB Network, much like I don't get the NFL Network [on Time Warner Cable]. However, that is not a case with the MLB Network and it is all explained here.

Hopefully the MLB Network will be able to satisfy all my hardball cravings 24/7, 12 months a year - I've always wondered why everything on ESPN, on the sports radio shows are focused on the NFL [in particulary] and other sports. Hopefully now, I've got a place to go to on the television that is all baseball, all the time.

No comments: