Friday, March 27, 2009

2002 USA Baseball National Team Box Set recap

I picked up this 2002 Upper Deck Team USA National set for $25 - I bought this in-person at the 'psuedo card-show' set up at the MLBPA Arizona alumni game/Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals' 'fan fest' during my spring training trip to Arizona.

The lure of this box set are some of the alumni autographs - though I didn't get one I particularly liked and tried to highlight the cards in the boxed set of the 2002 USA Baseball National players who have played in the Major Leagues.

Not pictured: Shane Costa and Rickie Weeks.

Chad Cordero, Abe Alvarez, Phillip Humber, Huston Street and Clint Sammons

Carlos Quentin, Eric Patterson, Aaron Hill, Sam Fuld and Conor Jackson

Dustin Pedroia - 2008 American League MVP

Alumni jersey - Clint Sammons

Alumni autograph - Willie Bloomquist; I just about gagged when I pulled this, since I saw him on the field at Surprise Stadium, walking somewhere 10 minutes before I decided to pick up the box set.

According to Dave and Adam's Web site - autographed cards include Ryan Howard, Mark Prior, James Loney, Joe Mauer, Jeff Francoeur, Matt Holliday, JJ Hardy, Bobby Crosby.

No comments: