Friday, March 12, 2010

2010 Cactus League trip recap special #3

During my trip to the Cactus League, my friend and I visited the Angels' camp in Tempe - after he was done with his Japanese media obligations new Angels' slugger Hideki Matsui relented to sign for fans waiting at the rail at Tempe Diablo Stadium.

I was the second to get Matsui's autograph that day [my friend was the first] - but we had to get out of the way fast, because as Matsui signed 25-30 autographs, he was mobbed by fans and collectors waiting on him. This wasn't as bad as when Ichiro signed over at Peoria, but it was still a mess trying to get Godzilla.

Trying to get the all-stars in a supposed relaxed setting like spring training is like trying to jump into a mosh pit during a rock concert - the mass of humanity is unforgiving at times, but it seems all worth it, when coming away with an autograph.

No comments: