Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Featured autograph - Tino Martinez

I never really had an opportunity to get Tino Martinez's autograph when he was an active player - since he wasn't exactly an 'easy sign' when he was starring for the New York Yankees through their dynasty years, where the organization won four championships in 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000.  

Maybe Martinez signed, 'here and there,' but I never saw him pick up a pen - with my own eyes, particularly when his Yankees' teams played the California / Anaheim Angels.

I found the signed 1993 Fleer Ultra card [picturing Martinez as toiling for the Seattle Mariners] in a dollar bin at a card shop - during my spring training trip to the Cactus League.

Obviously it is an in-person / through the mail autograph, so the authenticity of the signed card maybe up in the air - but it was probably worth the dollar gamble, since I think the autograph is real.

No comments: