Thursday, May 19, 2011

2011 Bowman jumbo pack recap #1 of 5

I was trolling for any 2011 Bowman at Target / Walmart / Toys R' Us during the past week and found bupkis so far - I just hope retail isn't going to dry up before the stuff even hits the shelves like 2010 bowman seemingly did.

I don't know if I'd consider myself fortunate after my breaks, but I was able to secure my cardboard crack fix at an unspecified retail shop - I was like a zombie, with everything happening so fast, I paid my money and was in and out in a span of five minutes.

I had about five jumbo packs [32 cards per pack] of 2011 Bowman in-hand and ripped as fast as I could before heading to work on Wednesday afternoon
- unfortunately, it is feast or famine if you are only looking for that one guy everyone is going apesheet about.

Yes, I'm looking for the same dude but unfortunately - I will say I didn't pull a single base, a Bowman Chrome or any insert of Bryce Harper.

Pack one - I ripped from the back and Bowman's Best insert was staring towards me in each of the five packs.

#BP 28 Eduardo Escobar
#BP 101 Rymer Liriano
#BP 28 Oswaldo Arcia
#BP 91 Blake Smith
#BP 22 Joel Carreno
#BP 85 Mason Williams
#BP 77 Matt Klinker
#BP 14 Anthony Vasquez
#168 Cliff Lee
#130 Clay Buchholz
#202 Ben Revere
#161 Alfonso Soriano
#174 Kurt Suzuki
#181 Corey Hart
#160 Wandy Rodriguez
#117 Josh Johnson
#46 Jon Lester
#110 Ryan Ludwick
#35 Joe Mauer
#100 Stephen Drew
#27 Chris Johnson
#11 Josh Hamilton

#7 Carlos Santana - orange parallel serial #216/250
#BCP 87 Jarred Cosart
#BCP 16 Kody Hinze
#BCP 24 Tom Koehler
#BCP 96 Adonis Cardona
#BCP 33 Joseph Wieland
#BCP 98 Tony Wolters - refractor serial #'d 211/799
#104 Rickie Weeks - gold parallel
#TP 22 Michael Pineda - Topps 100 insert

#BBP 7 Mike Moustakas - Bowman's Best insert; I couldn't say what the difference is between these inserts and the original 1994 Bowman's Best cards and it honestly shouldn't matter. These cards are pretty nice.

No comments: