Thursday, April 07, 2011

Featured autograph - Brad Emaus

New York Mets rookie second baseman Brad Emaus has been hyped up as some sort of Dan Uggla clone - I was wondering if I'd gotten his autograph because he may just have been one of the 'rank-and-file' guys I missed getting when I went to the Arizona Fall League in 2009.

Thankfully I was able to find this lone signed 2008 Bowman Chrome prospect card in one of my autograph books - there is always some novelty in getting an autograph of a relatively unknown player, who ends up being talked about a few years later.

Unlike my friend however, I don't think I had more than this lone card to get signed - if Emaus does turn out to have an All-Star season or two, I won't be able to say I got him a bunch of times when he was just a minor leaguer.

No comments: