Saturday, August 27, 2011

Featured autograph - Mike Stanton

I got this card by Florida Marlins outfielder Mike Stanton when the Marlins came and played the San Diego Padres in San Diego - this is one of the three cards I got signed [two by Marlins backup catcher Brett Hayes] during batting practice before security on the field told me not to throw my clipboard over the dugout.

The trading card set of choice for me to get autographed are cards from the 2006-present Topps Allen and Ginter's sets - sometimes, I do like getting retro cards like Topps Heritage signed, though it is on a 'card-by-card' basis instead of an 'all-out' effort.

I didn't have time to throw a Sharpie to Stanton - so he signed my card with the blue ballpoint pen he had signed a couple of baseballs with.

No comments: