Sunday, February 03, 2013

2013 Topps J.J. Putz

I'm still on a 2013 Topps Series I kick and bought another blaster [recap to come at some point] - I pulled an otherwise unremarkable common card of J.J. Putz and I found it interesting Topps noted Putz' notable trading card pull from last season featuring pop star Justin Bieber.

Among my collection of 15-20 collecting topics cards is a small group featuring cards with interesting backs - usually I'll put aside a card if there is an unique factoid about the player besides the usual stats on the back of card.

The backs usually mention some achievement on the field or about the player's playing career, but it can be anything - especially when a card refers to something off-beat that gives some insight into a player when the card was printed.

No comments: