Monday, March 25, 2013

Featured autographs - Vernon Wells

Even though I have my doubts as to whether he is going to get his career going again - I was anticipating finally being able to work on trying to get my stash of Wells cards [including this oddball] signed when the Angels sort of come back home towards the end of the week.

If Wells' pending trade to the New York Yankees goes through [as expected], I'll end up having to wait until the middle of June to see him and it's no guarantee I'll end up running into him as a visiting player - not happy that he stunk and/or was hurt as a Halo and regardless of his failures, guy will still be paid about $40 million for the next couple of years.

Still, I'm wishing him the best and maybe irrationally, hope he enjoys a career resurgence in pinstripes - he's generally been a 'good pro' and it would be kind of sad if the last couple of years were the best we are going to see from Wells from here on out.

No comments: