Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Zack Greinke - Respek

While he got a broken collarbone and missed part of the season, I thought Greinke got a free pass in his bean brawl incident against Carlos Quentin earlier in the year - however I caught a glimpse of the benching clearing brawl between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks Tuesday night and thought for as distant / goofy / aloof as Greinke is, he did right in plunking Miguel Montero after Diamondbacks starting pitcher Ian Kennedy had gone 'up and in' and beaned Yasiel Puig the inning before.

After having an explosive first week as a Major Leaguer, there was no question Puig was served up a 'welcome to the big leagues kid' message pitch - that reminded me of happened last year with Cole Hamels hitting Bryce Harper.

I'm tempted to say Ian Kennedy was sort of a punk in this whole situation - but I just watch the games and I'm not actually down on the field as a player or coach, so who am I to judge his intent?

No comments: