Sunday, October 20, 2013

Scratching an itch and busting retail packs on impulse

2013 Panini Pinnacle [$2.99 each]

#147 Joey Votto
#122 Adam Dunn
#193 Yasiel Puig - this random non-MLB licensed card of the next Joe Charboneau a 'hot rookie' doesn't really pay for anything and the right edges are rough cut anyway; still an OK, cheap pull in my book.
#167 Bryan Morris
#AC 2 Greg Maddux - Awaiting the Call insert; I'm not a fan of inserts that don't 'pop' like this one; almost feels more like a subset than an insert.
#77 Wei-Yin Chen
#34 Matt Moore
#91 Alex Gordon

2013 Panini USA Champions [$2.99 each] - I doubt many are collecting this, but I wish I could get more of the 2012 National Team Certified 62-card common set because I've seen a few of them and like how they 'pop,' even though they seem to be a subset of the basic set.

#115 David Dahl

#183 Kyle Robeniol - 2012 National Team Certified subset
#4 Joe Carter
#62 Austin Maddox
#96 Zach Green
#54 A.J. Cole
#12 Barry Larkin

2013 Topps Chipz [$2.00 each] - I've tried to stick with actual, non-oddball sized baseball cards, but curiousity sometimes gets the best out of me.

There are minor scratches and imperfections but these things are supposed to be tossed around like gaming chips - so wear and tear is natural I guess.

Giancarlo Stanton - I assume this is the silver [1:4] parallel since it's has a shiny, silver refractor finish on the back.
Brian McCann 
Mike Napoli
Alex Rodriguez - covered by the New York Yankees team sticker, which resembles of the Fleer logo stickers from the late 1980's.

No comments: