Monday, May 12, 2014

Featured autograph - Darryl Scott

I'm working on my all-time Angels autograph collection though I'm not exactly banging down doors to see if I can add new autographs - I'd like to account for active players who become an Angel within a particular season, someone who earns a roster spot and plays in a game, players who gets called up from the minors or someone acquired from another team, etc.

For retired players, I'd like to stumble upon former Angels if they are coaching somewhere - Scott was a pitching coach for the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League team in 2013 and is currently the Tulsa Drillers' [Colorado Rockies AA affiliate] pitching coach.

As far as any progress towards the all-time autograph collection, I'd like to complete a run from the 1990 through present - I figure I have a good number of players' autographs from the last 25 years and it might be easier to account for the players autographs I still need.

As focused as I maybe in tracking down players from the last three decades - I'll fill in the blanks 'as is' with former Angels that I still need from the 1980's and before.

As much as I'd like to have a complete collection, it might be one of those situations where it's not realistic and I'm not some rich collector - I'm probably not going to end up with the 'hard to find' former Angels i.e. ones who might have passed prematurely, ones that might be notorious recluse types who don't sign or ones that may be on the run for whatever reason.

1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

Ooh, thats a good one and one I don't have. I'll have to send out to him too. Thanks for posting this.