Thursday, May 29, 2014

Featured autograph - Howie Kendrick

I wasn't planning on making the trip to BFE for a Kendrick autograph signing last Thursday, but there was a signing near Angel Stadium this past Saturday that was a more reasonable distance - I don't bother with most Angels appearances, but made a sacrifice for Kendrick, since he signs sporadically at the stadium these days.

He was polite and cordial otherwise and I got a baseball and a 2012 Topps Allen and Ginter card signed - he thanked me after I told him he was having a great season and how he should make the All-Star team.

There was some wait, but that's a given at these player appearances - maybe this ended up a 'low key' deal, but at least there didn't seem the mess of 'pros' who brought friends, family and long lost relatives to pounce on an opportunity.

No comments: