Friday, June 13, 2014

Featured autograph - Hunter Renfroe

I got the San Diego Padres outfield prospect to sign a few cards for me when his current team [Lake Elsinore Storm] had their baseball card night last weekend - the Friars just don't have any impact hitters at the Major League level and Renfroe should find himself with the parent team soon enough as a hitter with the ability to smack the ball around.

Getting Renfroe was a consolation prize for some notable big league failures - anytime I can be out somewhere getting autographs of ballplayers in-person are times I can't take for granted, but it's tough when some players don't want to do it because they say you are too old.

Hounding the minor leagues are a little more fun when I can get out to games since there most guys are willing to sign - it's not as much fun as getting players already in the major leagues, but I get to see a future MLB star or two, with my Sharpie getting some action.

No comments: