Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Unintentional cameos - 1991 Score Jack Howell #842 and 2014 Topps Jose Altuve #210

It was probably my friend who gave me this random Jack Howell card as an extra to get signed at a minor league game at least several years ago - current Angels third base coach Gary DiSarcina makes a cameo and only recently was I finally able to get DiSarcina to sign this particular card.

"That's not me," he said before he realized he was on the card. "Oh there I am."

For the most part, I prefer one autograph on one card of a player [regardless of any random cameos] unless it's a dual player card [where both players are listed on the card] - however, when I can pull it off, I like the novelty of having two players sign a card both make an appearance on.

I like anticipating the reaction of the player making a cameo, wondering if he would taking a harder look, seeing it's not really his card I'm having him autograph - I also wonder how the cameo player will be able to fit his autograph on the same card that has already been signed.

Wouldn't it just be something if I can get Jose Altuve's 2014 Topps card signed by him and the guy sliding into him - I don't think that is going to happen with the player making a cameo, though I'm tempted to try.

No comments: