Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Featured autograph - Thomas Eshelman

After being drafted in the second round by Houston Astros, who knows if Eshelman will turn out to be a good pro - but ever since he stepped on the mound for Cal State Fullerton three years ago, the guy has pitched like an ace and will look to lead the Titans at the College World Series.

This past season, I made it out to one CSUF baseball game and finally got Eshelman's autograph [though I had one more card I forgot at home] - I also didn't get teammate Justin Garza [drafted in the eighth round by the Cleveland Indians] on his cards I had because I'm not sure if he'd sign on a day he was scheduled to pitch and I didn't stick around after that game.

It turned out to be the same day Garza made his last start - before he had to leave the game early and was done for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament.

No comments: