Saturday, September 05, 2015

2004 Sports Illustrated for Kids Vladimir Guerrero #408

Several weeks into my Angels frankenset project I didn't know if I was going to find this oddball card - but a listing showed up online, I placed a bid and waited it out.

It may have been an overpay but I thought I was glad to win the auction - an alternative may have been looking for the back issue where this card [as part of a nine-card sheet] was inserted.

However, I finally got the card in-hand and all I can say was that it's barely a card - I'm not unfamiliar with the SI for Kids magazine inserts from the last 20-25 years, but it's a long time since I've had one in-hand and I didn't realize how thin the cardstock was.

All my Angels frankenset cards are stored in a penny sleeve and then boxed up - I inserted a dummy filler card with the Guerrero card, so it doesn't feel so flimsy all by itself.

No comments: